Sunday, January 26, 2014

VISIONS Post 2: Developing Volunteer Outreach

This week the operations team met with Sandra Jackson from Lumina to discuss the happenings on the day of and get a good rundown of the technical side of things. Nick, from ACE, was there and I got his contact info as well as the other co-chair of ACE, Danielle, to make sure I can keep in touch to organize volunteers with them. I am currently developing a plan to get volunteers within the Film Studies department, working on creating a schedule for volunteers and deciding how many volunteers will be needed. Once I get a better idea of how many volunteers we will need, I will contact ACE and let them know. I will also decide at that time how many volunteers to recruit outside of ACE. Right now as far as outreach goes, I think we should have a few incentives, some of which will be inherently part of volunteering. I also have a plan for recruiting at our events coming up.

Operations is having our weekly meeting tomorrow night, after which I will know more about what tasks need to be done, how many volunteers we will need, etc. I will then create a task sheet that will have shift times and the tasks designated for each shift. I will also create a Google form, so that when we recruit and gather peoples' info, I can enter it into a form and save it in a spreadsheet. It will contain  contact info, what positions they are interested in, their availability during the day, and other relevant information.

No comments:

Post a Comment